# Live Git Workshop for New Developers
Welcome to the Live Git Workshop for New Developers!
In this 2-hour session we'll aim to get you ready to use and collaborate with Git. You'll learn about:
- The different layers in a Git repository;
- What a commit is, and how to make commits;
- What a remote repository is, and how to push your commits to one;
- How to undo commits;
- How to make and use branches effectively;
- How to merge your branches together;
- How merge conflicts can happen and how to deal with them;
- How to temporarily save your changes without discarding them or committing them;
- What Forks are, and how to use them;
- What Pull Requests are, and how to make them;
- What Issues are, and how to use them;
- How to write GitHub documents using Markdown.
The video link will be here (soon).
The notes are available here: https://git-workshop.tecladocode.com (opens new window)